Chosen and loved in Christ Jesus, together we communicate the Gospel to everyone.
Visiting a community of sisters can be a helpful step in discerning your vocation. Throughout the year we offer various opportunities for young women who desire to learn more about Pauline religious life. Ranging from short visits, retreats, to live-in experiences, these “come and see” opportunities are held in our various communities in the USA and Canada, often at our Novitiate House in Boston.
For a list of all upcoming “Come and See” events, visit our Discernment Events Calendar.
When you visit a Pauline community, you can expect to receive:
- A deeper understanding of Pauline life and Eucharistic prayer
- A taste of our spirituality and the urgency we feel to proclaim the centrality of Jesus Christ in our world
- An experience of living in community and collaborating with others
- An opportunity to learn more about Pauline religious life through classes and conversations with the sisters
- Personal accompaniment by a sister who is prepared to help you in your discernment of your life’s call
“Live-in” experiences include:
- A chance to meet the sisters, postulants, or novices
- Meeting other young women like yourself who are discerning a religious vocation
- Daily Eucharistic Liturgy
- Conferences on religious life and the Pauline charism
- Opportunities to share in our Pauline prayer and spirituality: Eucharistic adoration, meditation on the Word of God, community and personal prayer
- A one-on-one conversation with a sister about your vocational discernment
- An experience of the mission of the Daughters of St. Paul
- A silent day of retreat (during longer experiences)
Types of Live-In Experiences:
Come and See Discernment Programs (ages 18-30; held throughout the USA and Canada)
St. Paul Summer Program (held in Boston, MA) (ages 14-18)
Holy Week Retreat (ages 17 to 30; held at the Novitiate House in Boston from the Wednesday of Holy Week to Easter Monday)
- Various local events
- Volunteer with us
- Join us for evening prayer and supper
- Come for an hour of adoration and pray with us
- Attend our local events and concerts
- Arrange to make an individual visit with the national vocational director
- For more information or to register for one of these retreats or vocation programs, please visit our Discernment Events Calendar or contact us.